Vibe Streamer is a free program that allows you to stream your music library to any device with a Flash enabled web browser. Vibe Streamer also offers a set of security settings, user controls, and customization features.
Download and Install
Vibe Streamer is very lightweight. The system requirements for Vibe Streamer 2.06 are detailed below:
- 200 Mhz CPU
- 16 MB RAM
- Windows NT/2K/XP/2K3
- Linux (with Wine)
- Large amounts of available bandwidth, depending on the number of users and quality of audio files.
Vibe Streamer is available from http://www.vibestreamer.com. Once you have downloaded the installation file, install Vibe Streamer.
Before you can begin to stream your music library, there are some configuration steps that must first be taken.
- Setup a Group under the ‘Users and Groups’ tab.
- Setup a User with a Password. Note: Passwords are VISIBLE and not hidden behind * ‘s.
- Select a folder to share. Select the Users and Groups that are permitted to stream music from the Share.
- Select the ‘Settings’ tab and enter the necessary information. Change the port to a high number, such as 15000.
- Under the ‘Security’ tab you can specify which IP addresses are allowed and blocked from the server.
- Once the above configuration steps have been completed, you can select Start on the ‘Stream Server’ tab.
- Make sure that your selected port has been properly opened on your computer, or properly forwarded on your router.
Now that you have your streaming server setup, you can access it from any Flash enabled web browser.
Enter ‘your IP address:your port’ into your web browser and enter your username and password when prompted.
If everything is setup correctly, you should now see any folders and music files in your shared folder. If you cannot access your server, or cannot see your music, be sure to verify the above steps were completed. If you do have any problems, they are most likely related to your port, router, or firewall configuration.
Vibe Streamer also has its own scripting language. This scripting language allows the community to develop new skins and other features not included with the Vibe Streamer installer. The Vibe Streamer forums contain many community made skins and other features.
Have your used Vibe Streamer to stream your music library? What other program would you recommend for streaming music? Let us know by commenting below.